Positive Focus Sunday - It's Possible!


And this is the reason why I haven't been posting as much the past month or so...


I am now a homeowner!

I did buy a house back in the mid 80's and left it behind when I moved to North Carolina (actually turned it over to my then-ex). And when I remarried, we 'bought' the family home and 'sold' it back to the family and bought an acre and a mobile home in the early 90's. 

Since then, I have been a renter. 

But no more!

This is my forever home!

I won't say the road has been easy. I had to slay quite a few financial 'demons' on the way. But I did it with the support of Savvy and Texter. 

Along with the house, I have a new roommate.


This is 'Slider' or rather KK Slider, named after an Animal Crossing character. He's only 6 weeks old and we are both settling into the home nicely. 

As I mentioned earlier, it has been a bit of a journey to clean up my act and get to this point in time. And I am fighting against feelings of not being worthy of what I have achieved. All that negative self-talk keeps rearing it's ugly head. Banishing those thoughts are often harder than toting boxes up to the second floor storage area!

But I did it!

So if I can obtain a home, then I can do anything! Like finish my book!

In the meantime, there are boxes to unpack still and a garden to plan. Plus a bit of relaxation and expressions of gratitude. 








 

Comments

Popular Posts