Seedy Saturday - New Garden!


So I am in my new home...

Mostly.

I still have 3-4 car loads of containers and 'stuff' from my old home which will be moved in the coming week. But for today there is this...



I have 23 tomato plants to pot up and lots of other seedlings to figure out what I want to do with. 

Most of my planting this season will be in containers. I have only a few things I know exactly where I want to put them or have a place to put them at the current time. This year will be getting things done as needed and figuring out my actual plans for the yard. 

I will probably pick up a raised bed to put in the back yard for my 'herb' garden, along with my fig tree. The raspberry bushes and grape vine will be along a side fence. The Carolina Allspice will go on the corner of the house by my bedroom windows. The lilies I am going to go ahead an plant some in one of the front beds I will be creating (over time). 

The cardboard from the moving boxes I will be laying down to start raised beds on. I'll put my containers with the tomatoes, peppers and other veggies on it to weigh it down and start killing the grass underneath. 

While I would LOVE to immediately go out and purchase actual raised bed 'containers', since I had to replace the HVAC system, major purchases are out. I also have to remember I don't have to do everything all at once. It can be a bit at a time. 

Now to get 'growing'!

Comments

Popular Posts