Week in Review - January 1 - 7, 2024



One week down in 2024! 51 More weeks to go.

And I am feeling good about what all is going on to date (and yes, it's only been a week).

To hit my goal of weight loss and getting better physically, I started off the year by attending a 'First Hike' between two state parks. It was about 5.5 miles long and it wasn't a 'walk in the park', but I did it and I feel good. 

Of course, having a guest in the house for two weeks has thrown off my better eating plans. However, he has gone back home as of Friday and I am trying to make my body happier by getting back on the meal planning with benefits. 

A fun event I found out about is that one of my library branches is hosting a monthly writing meet-up. Not only having an hour of dedicated silent writing, but also setting intentions for our writing. 

In the 'grandbaby' category, Savvy and I had a texting session and even though the medical professionals say that MJ will come on February 15, my prediction is January 23. I think she is really hoping I'm correct. The whole 'last month' has caught up with her and she is so ready to go on maternity leave. Luckily, she is able to take longer than 6-8 weeks most companies offer. 

I also got the inside greenhouse up and all the house plants watered over the weekend. Seed sowing has started, which for me is really fun and exciting. I have also started, barely, the pathway. I think I have decided on a brick layout for the pathway. Now, waiting for rain to be over on Tuesday to pick up where I stopped. 

This coming week...

  • 4 Seasons Garden Club Meeting
  • Jewelry Making event at the library
  • Rosemary and Thyme Herb Society meeting
  • Writing workshop at the library
  • More writing and reading!

But for now, it's more coffee and off to work!



 

Comments

Popular Posts