Seedy Saturday - Lilies of All Kinds


I have taken to calling it my 'lily tree'. At about 5 feet tall and with 14 buds on it, the opening of the flowers has been stunning. And I love the scent of the lilies as I walk through the garden, especially in the evening heat. It is a fantastic display. I hope the other lilies will eventually follow suit.

But the other kind of lily?


Water lily!

I was standing in line at Lowe's and started reading the package while waiting for my turn to move up and check out. It said I only needed a container 12-24 inches deep to grow it in. Which I had. 

Out of curiosity, I decided to give it a try and see what happens.

It didn't take but a couple of days for little leaves to emerge. Lots of little leaves. 

While my container is deep enough, it probably isn't wide enough. I may have to rethink my containers. I would really love to drop in a couple of little feeder fish to swim around in there. And, fingers crossed, I would really love it to flower. 

In the meantime, my tomatoes are flowering and setting lots of tomatoes. In fact, knock on wood, it looks like one of the best years for my gardening efforts. We have picked about a gallon of blueberries which we will turn into jam shortly. And I have picked a good dozen of tomatoes and a couple dozen cherry tomatoes. I think some spaghetti sauce is in my near future.

Comments

Popular Posts