Seedy Saturday - It's Starting!

I have reached that time of the season in the garden when things have gone from flower buds to set fruit. Now I am watching them grow bigger and bigger each day.

Some cherry tomatoes, along with grape tomatoes, have been picked and a few small tomatoes. A handful of banana, Santa Fe Grande and jalapeƱo peppers too.

To give you an idea of the garden...


And to give some perspective of how overgrown and tall everything is...


Lady K is a little over 4 feet tall. I love this lush, overgrown, jungle-like feel to the garden.


This is a tomato leaf. We (several tomato growers) have noticed several odd things this year with our tomato plants. Long sepals, weird flower clusters and this HUGE leaves. And I don't have small hands by any means.


Not as spectacular a display as the white lilies, the pink ones are blooming now.


Blueberry harvesting continues. We now have a packed gallon bag in the freezer which we will make jam from later.


My vanilla orchid is thriving. I finally broke down and ordered a coconut husk pole for it to grow on. And for one of the vines it has already reached the top. I will have to order more 'poles'. They are about 12 inches long and interlock, so I can keep adding to the pole.


The waterlilies are flourishing. By the time this post is published, there will be a couple of additions to the pot in the form of some feeder fish. They are there to nibble the insect larva for the most part.


The gingers are also growing nicely. The Dancing Crane is my favorite and I can't wait, fingers crossed, for them to bloom. Maybe. Hopefully this year.

All my 'tropicals' are thriving in the shade of the giant palm tree in the yard. In fact, just about everything in the side yard, my garden, is doing very, very well. I'm pleased with how it's going. 

Now for the tomatoes to ripen!

Comments

Popular Posts