Positive Focus Sunday - What Brings You Joy!

The past few months I have been watching, from 2500 miles away, a dear friend create a raised bed area in her garden for vegetables. Her yard is already something out of a magazine and she is a tireless worker when it comes to creating her vision for her garden. She is willing to put FAR more sweat equity into her garden than I am. 

But we both have one thing in common...we need plants! 

Along with another distant friend, one of the things we have in common is the need for green, growing 'things' in our lives, whether it is indoors or out.

We can talk a common language with each other. Two of us can nod and understand the fact the third cleaned out the clearance rack at Lowe's to 'rescue' plants,  even though we just heard the moans of several hours spent in the garden. 

I can't image a world or time when I don't have something green and growing to physically touch. I can't wrap my head around such an idea.




To step outside early in the morning and watch the sun coming up, changing the shadows across the yard, sipping that first cup of coffee, is heavenly. 


Or to step outside after a rain and smell the damp earth and hear the bird song, observe raindrops glistening on leaves and the enjoy peaceful, quiet drip of water.


For me, a garden area, whether it be on an acre lot or an apartment balcony, is my doorway to a place where I can unwind and recharge. It's a place where I can reconnect with myself. And it allows me to connect with complete strangers who also share the joy of growing things. 

My plants and garden inspire me.


I think we all have those things in our lives, outside of family and work. Things which we can lose ourselves in. Things we can share with others who also love them, speaking a common language which is often not understood by those who don't share our passion. 

These days we need to hold onto what brings us joy and comfort. Now more than ever, in these strange times, we have to tend to ourselves, much as we would tend a garden.

What brings you joy?



Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts