We have achieved snow


This is the snow we received yesterday. We were scheduled to received anywhere up to about 4 inches of snow. Luckily (in my opinion) we only received a dusting. It snowed what I call "polite" snow, only on the grass and other surfaces, nothing on the road. Now this can melt and we can continue on with life.

I did make some really good soup yesterday. I just purchased Alice Water's The Art of Simple Foods and made up some soup with turkey stock I had frozen from Thanksgiving and a little chicken stock and some home canned tomatoes and onions, garlic, rosemary, corn, lima beans, peas, carrots and green beans and a little chicken. This is basically a soup I grew up on we always called "Granny Soup" for my mom. And then for dinner I pan seared some salmon in butter and pepper and had a salad of mixed lettuces and tomatoes.

Of course, I filled in this "good" food with a trip to the bakery in town, which knows my oldest daughter quite well. I got a White Chocolate Moose Rock, which is a wonderful pastry of white cake, a white chocolate mousse and covered in a chocolate ganache. I ate half and am saving the other half for today.

And in between eating bouts, I did accompany Oldest Daughter to the grocery store to get her rice and beef weiners she wanted (don't ask) in the snow with the dog. Did I clean house...no. Did I do laundry....no. I read. Ann Bishop. Fantasy. Hate her. Great books, so all you want to do is read to find out the ending.

So my plans are to maybe do a little laundry, a little cleaning in the computer room and make some tangerine marmalade as I have a ton of tangerines that need to be used. And say goodbye to Trumpet Princess as she is suppose to move in with her dad today.

Comments

  1. I will have to look for that book.

    I love the tastes of simple fare. You actually taste the realness of the food itself and are able to appreciate it for what it is. Just like art, huh?

    Reading this has just made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts