Winter Wonderland

So while I didn’t actually see the snow on Christmas Day, it started after I was in bed, Boxing Day was a great, snowy day.  Of course, my attitude toward the whole ‘winter’ event might have been different if I had to go into work, but that was not the case.  Officially, we had 6.5 inches.  Unofficially, it went from anywhere to a dusting under trees to Noel’s belly deep in the drifts.

DSCN1585

DSCN1589

 

Winter is probably one of my favorite times of the year to take pictures outdoors.  You get the bare bones of the trees and the contrast between the dark bark and the crisp, white snow.

DSCN1590   And the quiet.  There is nothing like taking a walk in the early morning of a snow event, having the entire world to yourself.  The only sounds you hear is the crunch of the snow underfoot and the wind in the trees.

DSCN1621

There is this stone clubhouse which has been abandoned for several years.  I would love to be able to go into it and look around sometime.  Actually, I would love to have the money to buy it and make it my home.  It looks, from the outside at least, so interesting.  It’s made completely of stone.  And has these amazing stairs both in the front and in the back.

DSCN1609  And it looks down onto the water.  You really can’t see it much here, but there is ice on the water and has been for several weeks now with all of our cold weather we have been having.  Don’t you know though it is suppose to be 60 on Saturday.  I think the weather can be called ‘bi-polar’ these days.

DSCN1636

Surprisingly, there were very few kids out in the snow.  Saw a couple, but for the most part they didn’t emerge until it started melting.  Which is just fine with me.  Made me feel like I had it all to myself.

DSCN1678   Then yesterday the sun came out, along with a few of the kids.  Bright sunshine, blue sky.  The danger lay in the fact the wind would gust occasionally and if you were under trees, you got dumped on – literally.

DSCN1649

Texter remained firmly in place

DSCN1553 – on my bed – and refused to indulge in ‘snow’ play.  Noel really didn’t like sharing her napping stop.  Savvy, in Arizona, was envious.  She really wanted to be here for the snow.

DSCN1682  But it is ending.  Tomorrow is errand day.  Need to drop off books at the library, stop by the post office to drop off something which needs to be mailed back and is too big for our mail slot here.  Probably run by the store for some of the essentials and then back home again.  Bye, bye snow.

Comments

Popular Posts