Things Happened Out of the Blue

With all the TONS of things I want to do, need to do, I hadn't made any mandalas or digital art for awhile.  Of course, if you could see the stack of books in the backseat of my car (note to self: go take picture of backseat before you remove books) on Victorian life and the mound of homework I have, it is understandable.  But what fun is it if you don't pile more on your plate?

One of my favorite bloggers and her friend have teamed up and issued the 100 Mandala Challenge.  I am really interested in this for several reasons:


  1. Kathryn Costa is someone who I have followed for several years now.  She is a constant inspiration and just seems like one of the nicest people around.  You can't fake that over the years.
  2. I need someone poking me to stop and be 'creative'.  Lately I have been missing that - just creating for it's own sake.  
  3. I love mandalas and this is an excuse to create different ones.
  4. The fact I finally stopped, made a mandala and had it ready to be posted on Monday, the same day they issued the challenge - a challenge I didn't know was going to happened.  And my 'annual report' homework assignment for a fictitious company was called "Mainly Mandalas". Have to pay attention to those kind of signs!
  5. Mandalas will be a nice break in November from constant writing.  A rest and change of pace for a few moments in time.

So expect a few more 'mandalas' over the next few weeks.  And feel free to join in.

100 Mandalas Challenge http://collagediva.typepad.com/collagediva/100mandala.html

Comments

Popular Posts