A Bit of Cleanup and Then a Lot of Homework

In my preparation for NaNoWriMo (and to simplify my life) I have recently been going through my copious amounts of email I receive every day and unsubscribing to TONS of it.  I think by my informal count, I have probably unsubscribed to about 38 different companies.


Doing so was a bit of a revelation.  Most of what I am unsubscribing to is stuff I originally subscribed to in order get to some kind of freebie and never looked at afterwards.  Some I subscribed to thinking I needed to 'follow' them in order to scoop up deals.  But then I realized, I don't shop.  I don't do much impulse buying online.  Now, as you can see, my Starbucks will remain.  I do want to know what deals they are running for extra points.  This is my indulgence and now that Savvy is here I have a co-conspirator at Starbucks.

But tons of 'junk mail' is gone and going.  Some of this stuff is HARD to get rid of once you push the unsubscribe button.  It's like they want to be sure they can't convince you to change your mind.  And considering I normally have about 100+ pieces of email daily, almost all junk, this will really streamline my viewing time.

Now off to create an annual report for a fictitious company.....

Comments

Popular Posts