Local Flavor Swap - Michigan

About a month ago I came across Chaotic Goddess Swaps and signed up for their Local Flavor Swap.  I was assigned Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm.  

Wendy lives in Michigan and just reading her posts exhaust me.  The woman is a ball of fire and doesn't slow down!  Supper for 200!  I don't even know 200 people, much less getting them to eat with me.

Anyway, yesterday I got my box in the mail.  First off, boxes in the mail are exciting to everyone here.  So needless to say, even with Texter and Savvy out of the house, I had assistance in the unwrapping.



and her favorite word is "MINE!"


The chocolate sauce (yummy) is also local to Michigan.  The pen and Michigan magnet where extra because she knew I would love them.  The pen is in my journal now (and out of little hands). 


This candle, along with the lip balm (which we use by the ton here) and the soap are made by her daughter and son-in-law.  The ingredients are organic and sustainable, right up my alley.


Lady K says this is her 'heart' and I had to put it up really high.  The necklace and earrings are made by a local artist.



Lady K is checking to be sure nothing was missed.  She has spent the past hour stacking and restacking the jars and soap.

While Lady K is not impressed with the Balsam Fir smell of the candle, I am loving it and can't wait to light it up.  And CJ will love it because it's not a 'girly' smell.

But Wendy and her husband are on a farm like I would love to have.  Organic farming!  And I am 'stealing' a couple of the things she is involved in.  I love the 'Film and Food' idea and the 'Wine and Book' club she participates in.  I might have to weasel my way in.  I am suggesting it to the library too.

And if you need help with weekly menus (me! me!) take a gander at her posts.  You will find menus, along with recipes.  I will definitely be stalking Wendy, but being a retired cop (both her and her husband) I have to be careful.  

This was a great swap and I can't wait for the next one which is a book swap.  Right up my alley, or bookcase, as the case may be.

UPDATE:  Bought some vanilla bean ice cream last night and had ice cream with the chocolate topping for 'dinner'.  It was yummy!

Update:  There is the link to Wendy's post on what I sent her.  Don't visit her blog if you are hungry!




Comments

  1. I am so glad you are enjoying your package. I got mine yesterday but was too busy to share it today. Look for my post on Tuesday. Thanks for being such a great swap partner Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool swap!! Chocolate sauce is also good on biscuits, weird but good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great package! That necklace is beautiful, and the candle sounds intriguing. I'm so happy you got great blogging ideas and inspiration from Wendy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you liked your package. We would love to have you in our Cook the Books club. This month's selection is Yes, Chef by Samuel Marcusson. You can find out how to participate at http://cookthebooksclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts