Week In Review - June 28 - July 4

My view most of last week

  • Sewed the top to the alphabet quilt together.  Now to construct the backing and put it all together.  But only when it cools off a bit.
  • Finished Rosette #1 on La Passacaglia.
  • Signed up for the "Local Flavor Swap" on Chaotic Goddess
  • 4 blog posts written
  • 2 books read
  • 35,666 steps or 16.31 miles - not bad considering most of the time was spent in the car this week
  • Drive to/from Arizona made and survived with Texter, Lady K and two cats on the return
  • More papers signed on the house and the home inspection next week.  Fingers crossed!
  • Finished a block for a swap.  Now I just need to get a fabric pen to sign and date it and drop it in the mail. Mailed!
  • Lost the car carrier on the return trip at about 2am outside Butte, Montana
  • Got car carrier back from stranger who stopped and picked it up and bothered to call and deliver it - taking about a 2 hour detour round trip out of his way
The best part of this past week was the kindness of a complete stranger.  I had the brilliant idea, since I decided to power on back through for the return trip, to put most of the items I was bring back, in the car carrier and "secure" to the top of the car.  This included paperwork for the house and my purse (minus my billfold).  When I stopped to top up the gas about 3am in Butte, I looked up and the carrier was gone!  I just wanted to die right there.  Needless to say, there was a lot of weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth for most of Saturday morning.

Then about 2 pm, Texter runs into my room, phone in hand, yelling at me to 'get up, get up'.  We had to drive to Qdoba and pick up the car carrier.  A "Mr. Stone" had found it beside the highway outside Butte, found our phone numbers inside, and called, returning it to Savvy at work!  Almost everything was intact, very little lost or damaged.  The important things were all there and in good condition.  This just reinforces my belief in you try to put out 'good intentions/karma', you will get it back.  

Needless to say, after the physically draining drive back and the 'excitement' of the day, we were all in bed about 8 pm last night.  If they did any fireworks near the house last night, I didn't hear it.  

So here's hoping for a smooth home inspection on Wednesday and NO EXCITEMENT for the coming week.

Comments

  1. Now THIS was one very busy week! You accomplished a whole lot...much more than I would have! Good on you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts