Mid-Week/Mid-Summer Doldrums

[dohl-druh mz, dol-, dawl-] 
 
noun, ( used with a plural verb
1.
a state of inactivity or stagnation, as in business or art:
August is a time of doldrums for many enterprises.
2.
the doldrums
  1. a belt of calms and light baffling winds north of the equatorbetween the northern and southern trade winds in the Atlantic andPacific oceans.
  2. the weather prevailing in this area.
3.
a dull, listless, depressed mood; low spirits.


This is according to dictionary.com.  Personally, right now, being on a sailboat, stuck with going nowhere, actually sounds pretty good.  But hopefully, in three weeks, all that will be picking up and the 'wind blowing' as we get ready to 'set sail' to our new abode.


I don't want to starting packing yet, because I feel like it would jinx the process.  Plus, so much of what we have is in bins and boxes anyway, we can make trips to move stuff before having to put anything in a packing box.

Texter starts school shortly after the move (the end of August).  She's going into nursing and I hope things go smoothly.  But this is the first time, in years, I'm not the one starting school in the fall.  It seems so strange and I feel a little discombobulated over the prospect.  It's not like I don't have enough projects or 'to-do's' to keep me more than occupied.  I am the baby sitter on Tuesdays this fall while she is in school all day.  And I will have a lot more Lady K time while Texter studies in the evenings.

So new starts are just around the corner for all of us, and while that is exciting, today I am just in the doldrums.

Comments

Popular Posts