Writing Wednesday - Still Prepping in October



I am chugging along on my prepping for NaNoWriMo. 

I am not a 'pantser' - someone who just sits down and starts writing away. I like having a road map of a sort to get to where I want to go. 

And with 4 murders, 2 'attempted' murders and one potential murder, there are a lot of threads to weave together. Plus there is a sub-plot which is throws a bit of romance into the mystery. I have 16 main scenes down and a few more to add to the mix.

What I want to do over the next week or so is to go through the 'beats' of the story and line up my scenes which I have in mind and set-up the timeline of the book. Plus, I need to put all my notes and scribbles into one notebook to have at hand while writing in November. 

Over the next couple of days I will be setting up my character name list and maybe coming up with a Pinterest board for the book. And create some avatars for the characters. 

So far, I am excited and can't wait to start the actual writing. It might be a bit choppy at first as I write out scene by scene, but I have a storyboard to follow to get me from Point A to Z. 

November will be a lot of fun!

 

Comments

Popular Posts