Home and Garden Friday - Classes, Classes, Classes


I could go to school forever. 

In fact, I hope I never lose interest in learning something new or furthering my base of knowledge on a subject. 

This week has been full of classes! (And a run-up to several more in October.)

Not only have I done the 'Mushrooms in a Bucket' a couple of weeks ago, but on Tuesday evening I assisted, and learned, in a Dehydrating Herbs. 

I air dry most of my herbs, but there was a demonstration on using the microwave, which was interesting. And we made up a couple of bottles of a seasoning mix - one Greek and the other Italian, the big difference between the two is the addition of nutmeg to the Greek blend. 

Unfortunately, it was raining Thursday morning and I decided driving 2 hours in the rain (and the cost of gas these days) it was prudent not to attend an Eco-Prints workshop which was only 1.5 hours in duration. But in the evening, I went to my local County Extension Office for a class on dehydrating fruits and making fruit leather. And eat samples of said fruits.

October will be exciting with several gardening related classes coming up - from a conference for Seed Banks at libraries to growing marshmallow and ashwagandha. And with the weather cooling off somewhat, A LOT OF WORK to do in my own garden. 

Inside, I need to repair one of the hydroponic units (seal up a hole) and plant it with lettuces. I'm watching Pearl and Sweetie as they are so close to actually producing mushrooms. And my ginger is starting to push up sprouts. 

I love fall! 



 

Comments

Popular Posts