Home and Garden Friday - Mushrooms and Sourdough
If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you have been seeing the daily progress of 'Sweetie' and 'Pearl'.
I am amazed how quickly they are growing and changing. Actually, I want to just squeeze the clusters of oyster mushrooms. They feel so plastic and rubbery. This has been so much fun.
The second hydro unit has been 'sealed' where I lost the plug and has been seeded with lettuces and spinach. Once they get up to harvesting size, I will remove the greens from the first unit and replant them. Out of the first unit I have already harvested almost a pound of lettuce since August. While it doesn't seem like much, a pound of lettuce is a lot!
I have a sourdough starter 'brewing'. I let my old one go since I was the only one who likes sourdough and wasn't using it like it needed to be used. However, with Lady K here, I have someone else who likes sourdough.
I got the 'bug' from a conference I went to last week. This is a sourdough cracker which is out of this world. Sourdough base with Asiago cheese and Everything Bagel seasoning. Crispy and tasty! I think even Foxy will like these.
With the advent of cooler weather, a loaf of sourdough will pair nicely with the soups and stews on the menu.
Plus there is a lot of gardening I need to get done. Hopefully, today, since I am off work, I will get garlic in the ground, along with carrots, lettuce, kale, spinach sowed. I also have 3 new-to-me metal raised beds to position. Since they are going down a slope there will have to be some engineering to get them set up level. Reports on that coming soon.



Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.