Home Cooked - Anya Fernald


When I first opened this book I was struck by the 'un-pretty' look of the pictures.  And reading the introduction and where Anya Fernald is coming from, I had my doubts as whether or not this would be a cookbook I would like and use.

Right now there are at least two dozen sticky notes sticking out of the pages on recipes I want to try.  

The food is more 'rustic Italian' or 'peasant food' and not beautiful presentations to delight the eyes and not the mouth.

I can't wait to make my own 'bone broth', but will probably not make my own lard.

The recipes are simple and easy.  Fernald does give a couple of 'make-ahead' ingredients to add to which you can store in the fridge or freezer.  

Think I'll go give the biscuit recipe a try....



"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

Comments

Popular Posts