My Official Bullet Journal!


This was in the mail box yesterday before I went to work.  I had been expecting it, but not this quickly.  I have a 'secret project' I am working on for later in the year.  

Actually, it's not really all that secret, but I have been spoiled reading all those quilting blogs where people are working on secret projects and I couldn't resist.


It's the official Bullet Journal created by Ryder Carroll.  It hadn't clicked with me, regardless of all the times I'm been to his website, the journal was also a Leuchtturm 1917.  So a 2-for-1 special!  I haven't used a Leuchtturm 1917 before, but have lusted after them based on seeing them online.  I have used Moleskine in the past, and enjoyed them, but never a Leuchtturm.  Mainly because it's not something I can pick up in a store here, while I can get Moleskine at several places (Barnes and Noble has a good selection most times.)


Isn't she lovely.  For some reason, despite the black cover, it's a 'she'.  And just in time to set up for June.  I will have to set my Markings journal aside for the time being.  I need to use this journal for the next few months to demonstrate the procedure for a workshop I will be teaching in September at the library.


Several things excite me about this journal right off the bat.  First, the pages are numbered for me.  I need to start learning to index not only my planner, but also my journal-journal.  Secondly, there are three bookmark ribbons, in three different colors.  So I can mark month, week, day with ease.  Or whatever section I want to be able to flip to without having to search for.


In addition to the index at the front, there is also a 'future' log to record upcoming events.  On the inside front cover there is a symbol chart which is used for Bullet Journaling, or you can make up your own.  In the back, there are pages with tips and how-to's.  Nothing very detailed, but enough, especially if you have watched the videos, to jog your memory.


Of course, I already know I am going to be doing a 'modified' bullet journal, just because I like a little more than the original outline calls for.  But that's ok.  That's the beauty of this system, it can be tailored to your needs.  (I have issued with the word 'tailor' these days.  CS has a daughter named Taylor and I want to misspell the word every time.)

So the next three months will be full of watching videos, compiling notes and resources on different planners, planner methods, productivity methods, checklists and downloads.  And more planners and organizers.  It should be so much fun.  

Now off to set up for June!


Comments

  1. Congrats on getting that beautiful notebook Judy, I bet you'll love it! I love Leuchtturm!

    I hope you'll share some of your spreads here, I love looking at people's bullet journals! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts