Finally - Word for the Year and 2017 Goals


Completion is my word for 2017.

One definition of the word meant 'conclusion/fulfillment'. And I really liked that idea. Bringing things to a conclusion with a sense of fulfillment.

After all, I am great at starting things, but my follow through lacks a bit.

Then the fire. And I despaired. Because not only had we lost our house (until it's rebuilt), but I lost my routine, things I wanted to do. I was adrift.

But I realized "Completion" still fit, I just had to step back and readjust my plans somewhat.

So...

Using Hal Elrod's Level 10 Life, I have come up with some plans for this topsy-turby 2017 (thanks Cindy and Christine for brainstorming with me).

Family & Friends
  • Be grateful we are all hale and hearty
  • Monthly 'fun' nights with family (of course, as competitive as we are this might not be a great idea!)
  • Monthly craft afternoons with friends
  • Monthly potlucks with friends
  • Movie Tuesdays to stay in touch with Savvy
Personal Growth & Development
  • Plan and deliver workshops for the library
  • Look at alternate venues for workshops
  • Stick to a morning and evening routine
  • Monthly goal setting
  • 175 books read and at least 1 book review weekly
  • Complete Bite Me! - my NaNoWriMo book
  • "Work" my various journals
Health & Fitness
  • Track what I eat
  • 10,000 steps daily
  • Yoga or cardio 4X week
  • Plan menus
  • Pare down the amount of sugar in my diet
  • Meditate and mindfulness to reduce stress in my life
Finances
  • Set an allowance monthly
  • Menu planning and shopping from a grocery list
  • No impulse spending
  • Use what I have
Career/Business
  • Workshops through the library
  • Enter work every day with a positive attitude
  • Establish writing contacts
  • Attend Miscon for writing in May
Fun & Recreation
  • Hikes!
  • Craft days
  • Explore Montana
  • Miscon in May
  • Movies on Tuesdays
Spirituality
  • Following Rhomeny's Realm and her Pagan Planner for 2017
  • Study and use my tarot cards more
  • Give people the benefit of the doubt - be more open and accepting
Contributions & Giving
  • Support bloggers who I enjoy and follow through Patreon
  • Look at ways to give back to the community
Physical Environment 
  • Try to remain as stress-free as possible about the whole rebuilding our home process
  • Adapt to where I am now and work with it rather than against it

Yep - it's a big list and many of the items span more than one category. But I have to have something to aim for in 2017.


Comments

  1. Hi! I came across your blog through the 100 day challenge. I read back a few post, curiosity. sorry, I'm not being a snoop, just a concerned reader. I'm am so sorry for what you have gone through! My goodness you are a strong woman, I would have been a blubbering pile of mush!
    I just wish to say to you that I wish you well.
    Blessed Be!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts