Slowly, But Surely

Right now we are still in temporary housing, so I really don't want to be pulling a lot of stuff from out of the Temple of Fire. 

However, in the spirit of seeing if it is possible I did pull out a bin with quilt parts in it.


This is my "Joy" quilt I started a couple of years ago and it go sidelined with Texter's divorce and moving into other quarters and the rest of 'life' at that time.


I was ready to start on block 3 when it got put away. All of it. Including the thread!

I was able to wipe down the outside of the bin, removing the layer of soot and the fabric inside is just fine. This is one of my projects I originally had set to finish in 2017. 

My 'basic' sewing machine is in it's carrying case in a friend's garage, so I can get to it. And the Bloc Loc rulers are still in there also. 

And...

Joann's is running a sale this weekend on cutting mats, rotary cutters and Gingher scissors! Time to replace some of the things I know haven't made it.

So, anytime someone pooh-pooh's putting your projects in containers, or at least zip-lock bags, this is the reason why. They are protected! Let's see what else gets rescued this weekend. And if I remember the procedure for making all those flying geese strips!

Comments

  1. I can totally see you making a quilt series that incorporates the smoke and soot and fire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being able to rescue some of your WIPs! That has to feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it's like finding an old friend! What a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts