Sometimes You Just Have to "Frog" It


This isn't my first foray into sock knitting. But I am wanting handmade socks! 

I have been watching several YouTube podcasters and so, so, so want to knit socks. (It's also an excuse to buy yummy yarns!)

The one pair I finished was a worseted weight yarn sock, more of a slipper than a sock. And the other pair...well, never made it past the single sock.

In neither pair do I remember heels being difficult.

This pattern calls for a German Short Row heel. Ok, a few videos later and I'm in. But the 'love' wasn't there. Holes in the 'seam' were, but not loving it. And I realized, while I could carry on and no one would be the wiser, I would know. And not be happy every time I put on the sock, knowing I didn't like the heel of at least one sock. 


So I ripped out the offending heel. 

Now I have to go back and pick up a few dropped stitches and 'clean up' my fit of ripping out. And give 'fish-lips' a try. (Yes, I could have done a more careful ripping out, but...well...I didn't.)

When the lighting is better, I'll go make sure I have all 64 stitches accounted for and resume my foray into sock knitting.

But life is like that. Sometimes you just have to rip out the offending part and start over again to make it better. Sometimes you can live with the mistakes and other times, it's a do-over. 

Luckily, this time it's just a sock.

Comments

  1. I am in awe of anyone who can knit, crochet or do anything with textiles. I used to do a lot of cross stitch and sewing but those days have gone by the wayside and been replaced with card making and scrapbooking. You inspire me --maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts