Week in Review - April 7 - 13

Lady K has been under the weather this week. She came home from school on Wednesday and was burning up - 101.5 fever. The 'bug' finally got her.

But the little one was in tears because she had to miss school and lose her perfect attendance. Thursday, Texter was trying to be a 'cuddly' mom and was rebuffed for a pallet on the front porch so she could monitor my gardening. Can't say I blame her. It was a nice day and a squishy comforter folded up on the porch for a nap in the shade was just the thing.


While picking up Texter, I stopped to get some more container soil and 'rescued' a Knockout Rose from the clearance section at Lowe's. I repotted it into a larger container and trimmed it a bit. I was surprised it had a fragrance, which is the main reason I bought it. Love the coral color which fades to pink. 

Since next week is Spring Break, Lady K and Texter are at Mr. RaceCar's house for the week and I'm all alone! They also took one of the kittens, Starfire, who has been renamed, Lily. Everyone seems to be adjusting well. Lady K got a new comforter and sheets for her room at Mr. RaceCar's house to make her feel more at home. In return, she gave her bug to Texter.

More rain is forecast for today, but I am a little less stressed over it since I was able to get my gutters over the front porch cleaned out. There was a blockage and it caused water to overflow into the front bed - massively. But now, between bouts of rain, I got the last of the yard mowed (yes, the grass was wet, but it was that or baling it next week) and the gutters unclogged. Today will be the test when it starts raining again. And as it is supposed to be some serious rain, we will see what happens.


I need some more birdseed. I noticed a 'new' bird to the feeder this week, a Downy Woodpecker (I believe). He alternated between the feeder and pecking at my oak tree.

The 'big' thing this past week has been getting the majority of the seedlings planted outside. There is still some transplanting into pots and the ground, basically flowers and herbs. But the majority has been done. I do have anise, hyssop and passion flower seeds to start (can't ever stop!)

Otherwise this week...

  • 4 posts written
  • 7 books moved along
  • Worked 3 days at Food Lion
  • Walked over 5000 steps 5 days
  • Took my vitamins 6 out of 7 days
  • Mowed the yard
  • Marked out 2 - 6' x 8' plots for pumpkins in the back yard where I have been dumping grass clippings

This week...
  • Savvy over to help me clean and to play with kittens
  • Working 5 days, 8-4, at the new Food Lion store
  • Get in at least 10 hours on work-from-home
  • Plant rest of seedlings into beds and containers
  • Write some long-overdue letters

But for now, it's time for some French Toast with strawberries and more coffee (and maybe a brief nap).



Comments

Popular Posts