Positite Focus Thursday - Often It's the Little Things

I like flowers in the home. If I grow flowers in my garden, they are more than likely to be cut and brought inside. 

Or given away.

I like buying bouquets of flowers, like I did this past weekend at Farmer's Market. For $5 I brought home a nice little bundle of color.  And Lady K wanted to share this with her teacher. So Wednesday I told her to pick some flowers out of the vase. 

What I didn't do was supervise the removal of flowers, as the flowers, in some cases, were on their last legs (if flowers have legs). She came downstairs with a tulip, an iris, a poppy and some greenery.

Ohhh...

Looking at the handful of flowers I cringed. Of all the flowers, she picked the ones which were definitely 'one foot in the grave'. I suggested she select other ones.

"These are my favorites" I was informed.

I wrapped them in a damp paper towel and put the end into a baggie and off she went to school 

Then, via the student portal to the teacher, I sent a warning of what was heading her way.


By the time the flowers made it to the teacher, the greenery was dropping, the petals off the poppies. This was definitely not a jaunty fistful of floral beauty.

But you know what? The teacher didn't care. To her, it was a heartfelt gesture of affection from a little one. And she displayed it proudly. 

It wasn't a dozen perfect roses or the like, but it was given with love. Don't overlook the little things which are given from the heart. They often mean more than the grand gestures. 




Comments

Popular Posts