Week in Review - March 31 - April 6

Boy! What a week.

Put in 22 hours last week at Food Lion and geared up for 25 hours this week. Unfortunately, I am not getting 'in the groove' as far as my housework and work-from-home. I'm sure it will come together one day soon (fingers crossed).

On a positive note, however...


Little ones are now all eating from a bowl. However, Marshmallow (the grey runt of the litter) is currently standing on my foot, wanting me to pick her up and bottle feed her. Despite having just had her head in the bowl numerous times.

Another positive note...


My Montana peony, 'Christine', which I thought I had killed last summer due to massive neglect, is growing! I had hesitated to throw it out earlier in the year and I decided to give it one more chance and put it in a better pot with some better potting soil/compost. And behold! Two sprouts!

I know I won't get any flowers off of it this year as it is so tiny, but I have great hope for the future.


This is my last little 'flat' of seedlings which are still inside. I will probably put it out on the front porch later today. In here are German Chamomile, chives, marigold, onions, Swiss chard and a couple of 'mystery' plants. Mystery as I forgot what was in there.

I have a ton of planting and up-potting to do this week. In fact, I need to really start buying some potting soil and drilling holes in containers, so I can get some stuff in the 'final' spot for growing. I'm not going to hurry much this week as we have a couple of days of heavy rain coming this week.

Since they (the HOA) have cut back limbs on my oak tree in front of the house, I should be getting more sun on the area in front of the house. So I need to dump some garden soil in it to hopefully break up the clay a bit and put my zucchini in it. 

And I need to put out stakes and rope off my grass clipping patch in the back for my pumpkins and squash vines.

Otherwise this week...

  • Hit over 7000 steps on 4 days. Now to ramp it up on the other days.
  • Wrote 2 posts
  • Finished 3 books
  • Watched 'Crazy Rich Asians' and what a fun movie - I really enjoyed it
  • Hit minimum number of hours needed for work-from-home, but need to put in more

This coming week...

  • Clean out the spot in the gutter which is clogged
  • Mow yard
  • CLEAN!
  • Start breaking up the front flower bed

But for now, it's another cup of coffee, a bit of breakfast and straightened up the computer room!

Comments

Popular Posts