Tuesday Sundries - Goose, Goose, Done!

Remember Nebula?


She has languished on my design wall for several weeks. I haven't sat down on that side of the table to move forward onto the next stage.

This weekend, with Lady K at her dad's for the weekend, I finished up my flying geese blocks. Almost...


I have to trim them, removing all the 'extra' fabric and threads. Making them 'pretty'. 


While foundation paper piecing can be a bit tedious and there are numerous other ways to construct flying geese, it does produce very pretty geese. No lost points on the center triangle. 

Once the 42 blocks have been trimmed and the paper removed from the back (done while binge-watching TV), they will be sewn together and sewn to the center of the quilt. 

The remaining steps I need to complete...
  • Trim the flying geese blocks
  • Remove the paper from the back
  • Layout and sew together flying geese strips
  • Sew together the center star blocks
  • Sew flying geese strips to the center

Then comes a hard part. Do I add another border around the quilt?

There is a suggestion for another border made up of light and dark 'strips'. I do need another border around the quilt, otherwise, the binding will 'clip the wings' off my flying geese. But will have to decide if I want to make it a bit more complicated or go with a simple, solid border.

But for now, it's trim, trim, trim.



Comments

Popular Posts