Week in Review - September 8 - 14

Well...

Let's just say a lot has gone on the past week to 10 days!

It finally came to a head. I could no longer support the huge rent on the house by myself. Therefore, my belongings are in storage and I am renting, at a much, much reduce rate, from Savvy and Mr. Arizona, a room in their house. Win-win for both of us.

Lady K transferred schools and is now with Texter and Mr. RaceCar full time. She was a bit nervous starting a new school, but since school had only been in session for a couple of weeks, everyone is new there.

The downside to the situation is I no longer have space to sew. But since this will allow me to save mega bucks...next year I will hopefully have my own sewing room again. I can knit, crochet and do needlework though. And write! And less space for my plants inside.

The upside...

I am foot-loose and fancy-free! I can work any hours I want now, not having to worry about school and Lady K. And there might be a promotion and new job duties in the future.

I did have to leave my moonflower behind.



Even in the dark, it glowed. 


With flowers bigger than my hand and a lovely scent, I have more seeds! And I plan on planting more next spring along Savvy's fence line.

So it was a hot mess, literally, getting my stuff into storage. I really should have lost weight as much as I sweated. At least when I move again, I will save up and have someone else empty the storage unit and deliver it to my new abode!

But as I am learning to adjust to one room and a security system on Savvy's house, work is chugging along. I did give Food Lion 'the bird' though.


This poor thrush flew into the store and I caught it. Yep! I'll be 62 on Monday and I still have skills! I actually trapped it under the lockers and as it flew out, grabbed it. I never realized how many people actually were afraid of birds.

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked over 5000 steps 7 days
  • Finished 5 books over the past 2 weeks
  • Started C.J. Archer's 'Glass and Steele' series (more on that later)

This coming week...

  • Figuring out where I can put some more plants in my room and bring them over from Miss J's house, along with some outside plants
  • Finish up my last week of being a 'cashier' and 'to-go'. I start training for front office the following week!
  • Start prepping for NaNoWriMo!


But for now, more coffee and start getting ready for work.



Comments

Popular Posts