Tuesday Sundries - It's All So Victorian!

After going through a period of not finding anything I want to read (or enjoy reading), I have now become overrun with books on my 'to-read' list.

First, I 'discovered' C. J. Archer and the 'Glass and Steele' series.


This series I am actually listening to and am on the second book in the series. Set in the late 1800s, it follows the search for a watchmaker who is magical. And the discovery of magic in all areas which is kept hidden. I am really enjoy listening to this on the drive to/from work.

But I am also reading a book set during the same time frame, The Lady and the Highwayman by Sarah M. Eden.


A mystery and lovely interaction between characters around Penny Dreadfuls. A delightful romp. 

And once I've finished with this book, Mycroft and Sherlock by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Anna Waterhouse. 


And when I want to relax and chill out, I am watching Carnival Row on Amazon Prime.


A dark, Victorian-esque series complete with fae and Orlando Bloom! 

Just a warning though - if there are younger viewers in the house, there is more explicit sex than normal and a bit of gore I could have done without. So you might want to make this an adult-only or at least older teen and up viewing only.

So I have found some literary peace at least. The C.J. Archer series is several books long and there seems to be other series by Archer I am finding interesting. So pardon me which I fix my tea and read.


Comments

Popular Posts