Fabric and Fiber Friday - Socks!

This pair of socks has been YEARS in the making. In fact, the pattern, which I purchased from a now, long closed shop, is label 2003. 

I would pick them up and put them down. Box them up in storage. Pull them out, do a few rows and pack them away again.

BUT I FINALLY COMPLETED THEM!

To the accompaniment of giggles over the mistakes, which are now so apparent to me.

(Note: The socks have not been blocked because I don't have sock blockers!)


Here they are, my completed pair of socks!

And...


(ignore the cat and dog hairs)

I have two different heel types! 

If you look closely, the top one is a ribbed treatment. The other one is just a plain heel. But it's the heel, so who will notice?



Overall, I like them. They will be 'house-socks' and worn around the house to keep my feet warm.

I do have a couple of things I need to do on future socks (yes, I will knit more). I really need to buy that third skein of sock yarn, if possible. I like a longer sock. Maybe not knee socks exactly, but something longer. 

So one, long lingering project off the list. And I cast on for a slouchy, beanie style cap with a skein of limited edition Farmer's Daughter Yarn I purchased before the move in Great Falls. I even have a furry ball to crown the top with. 

Hopefully, I will be able to show it as a finish in weeks rather than years!

Comments

Popular Posts