Seedy Saturday - I'm Shelving Them!

With my 'down-sizing', my space for plants has decreased to one room inside. Therefore, I had to get creative.




One 'problem' is my window, while facing west-ish, has a cedar tree outside and it blocks, not only the neighbor but the sun. I have to figure out (hopefully) which box has my other lights in it. Fingers crossed, this set-up will give them enough light. I'm not expecting them to thrive, but I am hoping they will be ok.

But I am loving my Ikea shelves. 

They cost me about $13 for the three shelves. Well, $18 because I had to buy a box of screws from Ikea, but I am loving them. 

I'll rotate the plants around and change them up every so often, but I am really loving this corner of my room. 

Now, it's time to clean up outside my window a bit and bring over my outdoor plants. Because of the shelter in this corner of the yard, I'm really not too worried about most of the plants - banana, lemon, fig, grape and avocado. If it does get really cold, I can easily cover them there. My plumeria will have to come inside, but I can fit it in the corner.

But I do have two large fiddle leaf figs and they can't be outside. They might have to remain with Miss J for a while longer.

I am also focusing positive thoughts on my Queen of the Night cactus I received from Miss C as a birthday present. They came through the mail from a nearby small nursery and I am hoping it will perk up in the next few days. It's a bit limp right now. 

So I am loving living in a plant room. I am eyeing other walls for more shelves!

Comments

Popular Posts