Food and Fiber Friday - It's a Puzzle!



So I have been 'zoning out' recently - well, the past few months - on jigsaw puzzles. 

I have been able to do this since I was in my teens. I love a jigsaw puzzle. The harder the better. For me, there is something so soothing about turning on a TV show which I can listen to and just sit for hours putting the puzzle together. I will lose all track of time doing this. 

One of my 'fantasy' dreams is to have one of those massive jigsaw puzzles which are thousands and thousands of pieces. Of course, another fantasy is to be 30 and weigh 130. Not sure which is more realistic. 




A thing I have discovered is there are puzzle swaps going on everywhere! Where have I been for years?
I've also gotten a few puzzles for free off Facebook Marketplace. But one of my main sources for more unique puzzles is to support a Kickstarter.  Those puzzles don't get traded off.

However...

If you have cats...

And attempt to put together a puzzle...

It becomes the favorite resting spot in the whole damn house! 

Thus, I have to be sure to put a cover over the top of the puzzle. I know there are the mats where you can roll up a puzzle when not working on it, but they are expensive. 

Also...

Cats steal puzzle pieces!

I swear, every puzzle, even fresh out of the box, will wind up with a piece or two missing!

They are not on the floor or under the chair or coffee table. They are F***ing missing. I know the cats spend their evenings plotting on how to snag a piece and eat it (because I haven't found them anywhere in the house). 

But winter is just starting and I do want to wind up some projects I have started like a couple of cross-stitch pieces and some knitting...

After I put in one more piece!



 

Comments

Popular Posts