Positive Focus Sunday - 'Growing' Forward



Yes, it's that time of the year again. 

The time to reflect and plan/dream for the coming year. 

At first I was a bit concerned because a word-of-the-year hadn't appeared to me yet. I know I have been in a bit of a funk for the past few months Ok, for the past couple of years it feels like. Nothing bad, just not where I want to be in my life. 

It seems I am great at the planning and coming up with ideas. It's the follow-through which is an issue for me. Too many times I find myself sitting at the computer and just zoning out, listening to YouTube videos and playing solitaire card games on my computer. 

So December will be devoted to 'getting my act in gear'!

I have several organizations I am involved in - probably more than I bargained for! But I enjoy them. And I have writing and reading goals I want to 'complete'. 

Part of the change has been to cancel 3 streaming services. I don't really have any TV shows I HAVE to watch. Well, until July and the Tour de France. But I can resubscribe for that. 

I've also gone through my books and made lists of books on my shelves I need to start reading on during the coming year. Note - we will not talk about the HUGE pile of books from the library sitting on the table. 

There are two books in process. One is the memoir/cookbook and the other is a cozy murder mystery. I would LOVE to have them to the point I could consider indy publishing them by the end of 2024. 'Two for '24' sounds like a good slogan. 

Of course, there is a trip coming up to Arizona at the end of February, beginning of March to see the new grandson. Whether I drive or fly is still up in the air. 

But the word 'GROW' came to mind. 

I want to grow in my garden. I want my dollars to grow. I want my writing to grow. The same with other areas, like my health - mental and physical, my creative side. 

So...

Come 'GROW' with me in 2024!

 

Comments

Popular Posts