Seed Saturday - Rainy Day and Thinking About 2024



It's a cool, grey day with rain in the forecast. And boy, do we need rain!

I have managed to get 150 tulip bulbs in the ground and in a couple of pots. I have also planted some daffodils (double bloom types) and a about 2 dozen Nectaroscordum, along with about 6 alliums in the front yard. Two peony 'roots' are in pots, with my fingers crossed.

This coming week, hopefully, I will go through and pull some seeds which need a bit of cold before they will sprout. And take some cuttings of my Mexican Anise bush which is hanging in there. I would also like to pot up some red and white geraniums which have rooted. Would like to start filling up this greenhouse.

The light in the greenhouse is to help keep the temperature above freezing overnight. Just a shop light with a bulb in it. Low cost and low heat, so I don't have to worry about the plastic, but I did hang it down some so it isn't against any of the walls or ceiling. Humidity is not a problem in the greenhouse!

Despite not doing much physical work outside, I have been doing some 'mental' work and thinking about and making a list of all the things I want to do in the yard in the coming year. Yep, it's that time of the year when plans are being made. 

A couple of non-dirt-on-you-hands ideas involve more instagram posting (daily?) and doing more of a 'Year in My Garden' recording of progress being made in the yard. We'll have to think and see about participating in 'No Mow May" - the not mowing part really thrills me.

So stay turned as more ideas and plans and wishes and dreams about the yard/garden are explored in 2024. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts