Writing Wednesday - All the Words



I've figured out part of my writing procrastination problem - my own mindset. I think "I'm not writing" and get discouraged about my process.

So I started recording all the words I generated for posts - both here and on the herb society website - over a 4 day period. Almost 5500 words! And those there written in only a couple of hours a day.

I am writing. Maybe not on my books, but I am generating word count and putting them out there. Realizing I am actually writing (this doesn't include the 2-3 pages I handwrite every morning) is getting me inspired to move forward with my own writing plans in 2024. Which means I will need to record my word count every time I sit down to write posts or write on the novel and memoir. 

The Virgo in me thinks it will be interesting to know this information. I should also try to throw in the amount of time it takes me to write those thousand plus words when I do write. I feel like for every hour I sit at the keyboard, I can coax out a little over 750 words. Sprints seem to be the answer. 

Wonder how many words I can write between now and January 1? It will be interesting. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts