Positive Focus Sunday - 2024 Planning

I've been in a 'funk' most of the year it seems. Really kind of blah feeling.

But I am shaking off that feeling and mind-set for 2024!




I finally selected my word for 2024 - GROW!

It all started with looking at my stockpile of seeds and wanting to 'grow' all the things. Plus, with my area now officially being Zone 8a, I want to be able to have something in the veggie garden all year. So I want to 'up' my garden and be more self-sufficient. (Plus, the damn kale lasts through everything - hot and cold weather!)

Then I realized I wanted to 'grow' in other areas in my life.

I want to 'grow' my money. Actually, I would love for 2024 to have a 'bumper crop' in that regard. I want to 'grow' my health and feel better. Both of these areas combine well with my gardening plans - buying less food at the grocery store, moving more by gardening and eating healthier meals.

Also, mainly because I can't keep my big mouth shut and my hand from raising up at a meeting, I want to grow my 'socialization' - both in person and on the internet. Interacting with my gardening groups and writing more posts to support them. 

By writing more, I also want to 'grow' and 'harvest' my two books in progress. One, the memoir/cookbook needs to be edited and then sent out to beta readers for a read and suggestions. The other one, a cozy mystery, needs to be written. I have my outline and a 10,000 word start. So I would like to have it done by 01 July - at least the rough draft - so it can also go to beta readers. 

The writing will be a HUGE project as I need to go through the Publish and Thrive course again on Heart Breathings in order to really learn about some things - like cover art - in order to get them ready to be published. 

There is also a LOT of reading I need to do - both personally and for reviewing online for a couple of different groups. Thank goodness for audio books and a job which allows me to listen while working!

So while I feel I have been silent for the past couple of months, I have been thinking and reflecting and planning (or plotting). Now it's time to start sowing and harvesting.


Comments

Popular Posts