Home and Garden Friday - Little Garden Things
Just a few tidbits about things which are happening concerning the garden.
First, I gave my last presentation for the Seed Bank at the library last Saturday. I LOVE research and creating these programs. It makes my little Virgo heart happy. Especially when I can pull stuff from my 'stash' at home to use as examples.
In creating the presentations, most of the pictures I use are actually ones I have taken from my own garden. That makes it extra special to me, and hopefully, to the attendees. They will know there is a bit of actual experience going on with that topic.
The 10 plugs I received and set into the hydroponic unit on the 6th of August...
Now looks like this...
I did harvest the outer leaves on the 22nd and had enough for two nice side salads. It also opened up room for the basil to start growing through the lettuces.
Ok...so my neighbors, if they cared, would know what I wear to sleep in. I wandered outside early last Saturday morning to try and prop up a leaning arch. However, will the arch wasn't taken care of, I did managed to pick 3 pounds of cherry tomatoes. If only my beefsteak tomatoes had the disease resistance of cherry tomatoes!
My harvest from the yard as of August 22, is 205.6 pounds!
Hopefully, I will get the cucumbers out of the bed and will get lettuces, kales and carrots planted. I want them in the raised beds so I can place old windows over the bed for a bit of a greenhouse effect when the weather gets cooler.
Other things I need to get into the ground or containers in the near future...
- Garlic
- Potatoes (going to try some LATE potatoes)
- Saffron
- Repot some ginger and turmeric to have them ready to bring inside in a few months
- Repot my plumeria and Meyer Lemon tree so I can bring inside for the winter
- Repot my orchids and figure out my vanilla orchid and what needs to be done to it
So much gardening to do and it is still so hot and humid out...just not feeling the whole 'fall garden' thing!




.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.