I harvested a bunch of Tulsi, or Holy Basil. The fragrance is out of this world and I want to dry some for use in teas later on. Also harvested was comfrey for comfrey infused oil. Also, for the first time, I harvested some mullein to also dry and use in teas. The leaves of the mullein are so soft. A bunch of thyme, rosemary and a tad of mint went into the basket. Some of the rosemary will be made into salt and some will be infused in almond oil.
Also, I harvested a bunch of cucumbers. Guess I need to figure out what I am going to do with the ton of cucumbers I have. Think they will be sliced up and made into 'very dilly' pickles. Will have to think about it.
But the best part of yesterday?
I hit 201 pounds of produce out of my garden to date! So exciting.
Now I need to pull up the cucumbers (I don't need any more and they are dwindling anyway) and put in another round of beans and start some lettuces and kale. I also have some lettuce 'plugs' which were given to me to put in my hydroponic unit. They are looking so pretty now. I did have a couple of empty spots, so some basil started in those. And there is a small jar with rosemary cuttings to propagate sitting there.
Gardening never stops!

.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.