Writing Wednesday - One Question For Matt Dinniman
Last Wednesday I wrote about my fascination with the Dungeon Crawler Carl world. In short, it is a bit embarrassing for a so-to-be-69 year old woman to be all fangirl over it.
However, this week, I am leaning into the writing of the series.
If I had one question I could get Matt Dinniman to answer, it would be 'How?'
How does he keep track of all the details in his series?
Some of the things he has to keep track of are:
- The TONS of characters - at least a good two dozen supporting roles in addition to Carl and Donut. Their backstories, their current class and profession and what they have changed from.
- Buffs, debuffs and spells - they all have names and things they do or don't do
- Loot boxes - tier levels of the boxes and what they contained. They all have special names too.
- Races and professions - all the classes and races and professions of the crawlers and NPCs.
- Layout of the different levels and the properties therein. Some of the levels are jungles, others have three different types of 'bubbles'

.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.