Day 1001 Starts

And I’m on vacation too! A week at home with pay. Doing little piddling things. Can’t get much better than that. Well, yes it could. A beach, warm ocean waters, Juan the cabana boy with a huge tropical drink with an umbrella in it….

Anyway, my 101 things in 1001 days starts today. I do have to admit I cheated a little bit and have already done number 26 – the white, gauzy dress.

dress

This is one of the “town gowns” from Old Navy. I bought it about 3 weeks ago while on sale and got it for $17. I have been using it as a new night gown (as all of mine are either old, granny flannel style or old t-shirts) and I love it. It makes me feel good about myself. I also purchased some lavender spray which I spritz on my bedding before I go to bed most nights now. And I have been using a night crème on my face too most nights. Oh, my goddess, I'm taking care of myself!

I also have purchased the first of the towels (number 28). It is a bright golden yellow and soft and it was also on sale, at Target this time. I have it hanging in the bathroom and dare anyone to use it.

I have also started on my garden on my balcony (number 82).

R0013837

This is one of the basil seedlings I have started. I have some morning glories and moonflowers started. Thyme and chives are also started. I did have a tub with lettuce in it on the balcony, but shut the dog on the balcony…..who promptly dug in the tub of dirt. So I have to restart the lettuce and find someway to stop the dog from digging (like not putting her on the balcony and shutting the door?)

I cheated a little, but it’s ok. Now onto vacation. The girls will be gone for today and I plan on a really long workout on the Wii Fit. I’ll get my basic stats starting today and go from there. Hopefully, by the time my 1001 days are over, I will actually look like the woman in the dress above.

Comments

Popular Posts