A Moving Experience

Sunday mornings are generally my 'peaceful' time....a little coffee, a little internet surfing, a little reflecting on the week past and the week ahead, just a nice, quiet time (depending on Lady K's cooperation, of course).  So last Sunday I heard a bit of noise on the road outside my balcony.  Generally, from about 6am-8am and then again from about 430pm-630pm is the morning rush and there is a bit of traffic noise.  But on Sunday morning, not so much.  When I opened by balcony door to see what was going on, I saw this going by...



It was slowly creeping down the road with a vanguard of trucks and 'helpers' along the way.  I called to Texter (who happened to be up) and Lady K to watch the procession down the road. As you can see, the building takes up two lanes and the shoulder of the road on both sides.  And it had come from about a mile and a half away.


We watched as they carefully raised power lines and it inched along.  Then came the exciting part, the turn!  Of course, this was about the 4th or 5th turn it had already made getting here, but this was the one I could watch.


The building was slowly inched around the corner onto the area which will be it's new home.  Don't know why they moved it or what it will be used for, but it was interesting none the less. 

Comments

Popular Posts