Handmade Swap Reveal!

The Handmade Love Etsy Swap at Chaotic Goddess Swaps

Since 'discovering' Chaotic Goddess last year, I have been thoroughly enjoying these swaps.  The latest one was not book related, but a Handmade Etsy Swap!

This swap was a little different in it wasn't a direct swap between partners.  I sent to someone else and I received from Beverly at Booklady's Booknotes.

The first package received were two skeins of recycled sari 'yarn' for Sheet Ethic.  


Made from recycled silk saris, this is a colorful, yummy yarn.  



I decided to combine the two skeins and make a long, narrow scarf with fringe.  And am already halfway through the scarf - one skein to go.  

I have found the one drawback to the yarn --- it tangles!  Easily!  So winding it into a ball to use is something you concentrate on and do very slowly and carefully.  But it's well worth the effort.  

The second drawback?  I have a feeling it might just found around Savvy's neck at the jewelry store.  It will really dress up an outfit.

The second package was...


SEEDS!  

Which I can hopefully grow into this...

photo courtesy of WaWas Garden


A beautiful clematis with blue/purple flowers.  Right now there is a baggie of seed starting mix and seeds in the bottom drawer of the fridge.  You have to do this for a couple of months in order to break  dormancy.  I put about half the seeds in there and hopefully in a couple of months I can take them out and plant them (when Montana weather officially warms up).

What I like about WaWas Garden is the little tidbit from their Native American great-grandmother and her belief in collecting/saving seeds...

"We were taught to harvest as children by our Great-grandmother Bray, a full-blooded Cherokee. She worked most of her life among seeds, cuttings and plants that helped to feed the reservation members in the 1950's. Our seeds are harvested, packaged and stored as she taught us..by hand from an organic environment. Most of our packets retain the original pods or seed casings because Grand-mother Bray believed strongly that if you 'cleaned the seed', you were separating the heart and soul of the new plant. "

Hmmm....I think that little tidbit might just find it's way into the current novel I am working on.

There was a third package and I'm pouting a bit.  It was a hand painted wineglass.  And the design was in purple too!  But as I opened the package, Texter and I heard 'tink, tink, tink'.  Apparently, the postal service didn't think as much of our swap as we do.  Despite peanuts and bubble wrap, it was a box of glass shards.  

But I am so pleased with the other items, I don't really mind the broken glass.  

Keep your eyes peeled for the next Chaotic Swap - it's definitely worth it.  You meet new people online and get some really cool goodies! 


Comments

  1. Aw, bummer that the post broke the glass goodie! :(
    But super exciting that you have hand harvested seeds for such a beautiful flower. Yay yarn!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts