Snowy Sewing Tuesday

Winter is revisiting Montana, not badly, but a light glaze of snow over the ground and roofs.  I stayed inside and got most of one 'to-do' done.




I have a swap coming up to be mailed in April and it's for handmade items.  I am making a mini-quilt wall hanging for my secret swap partner.  The fabric I used is the Hoffman Digital Prints and the pattern is a woven star pattern.  I did two (and will send the best one off) and before I sewed all the squares together, Savvy took a look.

I swapped out the lighter center star for the dark one and am now about halfway through sewing up the first block.


Just a little more sewing and they will both be done.  Now to decide on the binding and backing for them.

To swap out 'chores', I cut out the Harley Quinn cosplay outfit for Texter.


This is the "Harley Box".  I have a bustle, skirt, top and corset to make.  The top also includes a hood.  It's half red and half black and I have to remember which side the red goes on and which side is black.  But if I do it right, I won't need to make another costume for her for a bit.

Next on my list is my own 'steampunk' costume.  I think i am going to make it out of remnants I of different heavy fabrics.  Should be interesting if nothing else.

All in all, it was a productive, if snowy, day.

Comments

Popular Posts