Week in Review - July 1 - 7

WOW! What a week!

I was treated to a reunion with a long time friend (she tells me I shouldn't use 'old' friend, as we are not old!). She made the drive from Raleigh to Charlotte and spent the night in the house of crazy. Then I returned the favor and spent 4th of July eve at her house. 

Needless to say, all my 'plans' for projects for the week went out the window. Especially since I came back with the haul of a lifetime. It's bittersweet, as I would give it all back if her tremors would be gone and she could stitch again.

But I did manage to 'sneak' in a couple of other things this past week.


We visited another local mall where there is a Barnes and Noble inside. I needed my book fix.

Then we also FINALLY took Lady K somewhere she has been wanting to go for ages. 


Yep, Chuck E Cheese! It is loud and crammed with kids. And she was thrilled to death. It's hard to be 'bah-humbug' when her face lit up like crazy when Chuck E came out. Plus the pizza isn't all that bad.

Otherwise this week...

  • Wrote 4 blog posts
  • Only finished 1 book
  • Sorted out several bins and totes of cross stitch patterns (I have a bit over 200 I want to stitch!)
  • Sorted through several tubs and bins of DMC floss and started 'organizing' them

I was going to keep stitching on my 'Perfect Partner' by The Silver Lining, which will ultimately look like this...


However, since the Tour de France started on Saturday, I swapped out to see how much I could get finished with my hours in front of the TV the next 3 weeks. The design is Watergarden Mandala by Chatelaine.


The design is complex and uses not only DMC embroidery floss, but silk threads and beads. I may need another binge watching program after the Tour de France! But this is practice for the 'real' prize -

photo courtesy of Chatelaine



Mine will be stitched on a cream fabric and keeping it from Savvy will be an issue.

So when I'm not 'pedal-watching' and stitching this coming week, I am going to attempt the following...

  • Find a spot to park all the boxes and bins I have
  • Get a lawn mower running (it's been sitting for several years)
  • Take Lady K to a couple of library programs
  • Update my 101 things for June/July
But for now, more coffee and go settle down for this morning's race!




Comments

Popular Posts