Week In Review - July 22 - 28

I admit I have been a bit of a slacker this week. But I have had weightier matters on my mind. 

After all, I have to be attentive to the fact that Frome, 4-time winner of the Tour de France, slipped from third place to fourth, only to move back up to third place after losing stage 20 by 1 second to the person who is in second place. And, if he had only beat the second place person by 30-something seconds, he could have been in second place himself.

Very weighty matters indeed!

I have been making progress on my cross stitching. 


There are 8 'sections' around the middle. I am almost finished with 5 of the sections. 

Well, finished as far as just using the plain cotton floss. 

This is my focus while keeping an eye on the race. But don't despair, I have substitutes starting Monday. I have a ton of YouTube videos on "Who Do You Think You Are?". Unfortunately, watching these make me want to work on my own family tree. 

I did manage to empty out the closet in the bonus room and attempt to 'organize' things now that I have all the cross stitch from Miss C. Basically, I need a bigger closet!

On my way to drop off Lady K for a weekend with the other grandparents, I stopped at Stitch and Frame in Rock Hill, South Carolina. I browsed, eyeing all the wonderful stitched models and discussing my 'need' for a HUGE piece of linen for a future project. I will be returning!

Texter will want this one. And I love the fabric it's stitched on.


I love this fairy!


Otherwise this week...

  • Wrote 2 posts
  • Finished 4 books
  • Grocery shopping with Lady K
  • Seed-to-Feed and part of a movie at the library
This week my plans are...
  • The final Seed-to-Feed program
  • Another movie at the library
  • Finish up the Joy Quilt
  • Work on the Watergarden Mandala
  • Probably getting some back-to-school supplies
  • Working on notes from a book which contains information on my 'roots' back in early Virginia
  • Update my 101 Things in 1001 Days - I am sadly behind. Need to get my butt in gear (literally and figuratively)
But for now, it's almost time for the final day of the Tour de France. So more coffee and more stitching.

Comments

Popular Posts