Fiber and Fabric Friday - Shoot Me Now!

I want to know what drug I ingested Thursday morning which made me stand in line for the 'Great Build A Bear Event'! I was one of the thousands who stood in line for 11 hours to pay $5 for a stupid stuffed bear...



One of us handled it much better and the other. Sigh...

Which meant I not only lost a day of stitching, but also a day of Tour de France watching. 

That will be remedied this weekend as I will have the house to myself come this afternoon until Sunday afternoon.  I have food, drink (which I needed Thursday) and all my crafty goodness!

First off, I apologize for the quality of the photos. I am taking them either about 10 p.m. or 5 a.m., neither of which lends itself to great lighting. I am taking them to see how far I get each day on a large piece like this.



As of Tuesday evening and several hours of frogging and refrogging, I finally got the corner turned and everything where it needed to be. 


Then on Wednesday, I got the 'flower urns' and the columns done. Amazing what a bit of color adds to the piece. All 4 different shades of pink! 

This lands me at almost finished with the second page of just the DMC floss.

One problem I am having with this pattern is I am going in a circle around the center. However, if you leave the pattern upright then the symbols are turned. So I have to turn the page to match the direction I am stitching. It's a bit confusing for me at times, but then that's me.

So, fingers crossed, I will have a productive few days since I will have the house to myself. 

Well, me and 176 men in spandex! (Huzzah Tour de France!)




Comments

Popular Posts