Food and Fiber Friday - WIP's!

I got this wild idea to make a list of my WIPs (Work In Progress), especially since with the Tour de France I find myself sitting and watching TV for several hours a day. 

Also since it's hot and humid outside and I have no intention of being outside and sweating like a horse. 

And hopefully, it will 'encourage' me to finish up some of these projects.

So here it goes, in no particular order...


(1) Echo Lake by Mirabilia 


Photo courtesy of Mirabilia Designs




One of my favorite cross stitch designers, Nora Corbett, I love this design. It is very detailed and lots of beads to be added at the end.




(2) Winter Fox


A design I am stitching for Texter's fox collection. Once the fox is complete, the background will go quickly.




(3) Willow Queen by Mirabilia


Another design by Nora Corbett and one the cats tried to 'assist' me with. I had to do a bit of cleaning and I put it up for a bit. I did make a decision to do the arms and face as 1-over-1 rather than 2-over-2 of the rest of the pattern. So I still have quite a bit of very detailed stitched to do. And then the beads.




(4) One skein scarf for Texter


This is one I am actually working on pretty steady as the pattern I have done and don't have to think about it very much. Texter picked out the yarn and the pattern and I would like to have it done in the next week or two while watching TDF.




(5) A top-down sock


A simple sock pattern to use up this lovely purple and orange sock yarn. 




(6) CocoKnits cardigan sweater


This is an interesting sweater method from a class I sort-of took (it's a long story there). The yarn being used is yarn I purchased while in Montana for a circular sweater which was started and stopped and then abandoned after the house fire. 

I rescued the yarn and had it in bags with dryer sheets to help remove any smoke smell. It worked. But I have just enough to hopefully finish this sweater. 

If I get down to the end of the sweater and only have the cuffs, bottom and the button band left, I may look at doing it in a contrasting color - maybe a solid dark blue. I would like to have this sweater done by September or October to wear during the winter.


Downstairs there are still at least 3 projects which are on the back burner. One is a Halloween Witch, which I would like to finish up as I only have beads to do, but I can't find where I placed it. Sigh.

I have a 'feather' shawl I am crocheting on and another knitted shawl I would like to finish by the end of the year. 

In the fall, when the heat doesn't make it sweltering upstairs too (and Texter gets some of her stuff out of the upstairs), I will go through and make a list of ALL my projects, including my quilting projects. 

So while the heat and humidity are beating down outside, I'll stay cool inside and work on some of these projects. 















Comments

Popular Posts