Week in Review - July 4 - 10, 2022



Boy, I got a lesson on being careful what you wish for this past week. 

We went from no rain falling on my yard to rain not stopping. The creek flooded during one storm with more water than it could handle at one time. And the winds accompanying the rain turned my garden into a bigger mess than it already was.

My neighbor had some more serious storm damage to her home and tree. But all is fine now. I do need to mow, but can't until the grass dries out some.

I have harvested about 20 pounds of tomatoes and 2.5 pounds of green beans. I canned some of the tomatoes - 3 quarts and 1 pint of plain tomatoes. And 3 pints of green beans. I need more quart jars!

The Tour de France is in full swing and it's been really good. Because of watching the TDF after work, I am getting near finishing up a knitting project. Hopefully, the coming week will see it finished.

Lady K spent a couple of days with me this past week. She lives on my couch while she is here and stays up later than I do. Basically, we just hide from the heat while she is here. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Made White Chocolate/Macadamia Nut brownies for work
  • Got my car back from the collision repair shop
  • Helped Texter and Mr. Cobra get a twin bed moved from my house to their house
  • Started saving tomato seeds from the tomatoes I like

This coming week...

  • Hopefully get to mow the yard
  • More TDF watching
  • More canning (if I can find jars)
  • Finish up a scarf and start on another project to finish while watching TDF

But for now, a shower, breakfast and off to work before picking up Lady K for another couple of days with me. 




 

Comments

Popular Posts