Bookish Thursday - Some Good Reads Recently

One of the things I wanted to do this year was to 'read-along' with Sword and Laser on Goodreads. And so far I have not been disappointed. For July, the book to read was Hunt the Stars by Jessie Mihalik




Mihalik is a new-to-me author and I really enjoyed the characters in this book. Very much an 'enemy to lovers' sci-fi. So I am now reading her back-list. I love it when I find a new author I wasn't aware of and there are more books for me to read. My only dissatisfaction was toward the end the romance was a bit too much for me. I could have done with it. Not that it was graphic or anything, but I enjoyed the story without the romance.

Another book which I REALLY enjoyed is one several of the BookTubers I follow were reading. I had marked it as a 'to read', but hadn't thought much about it. Then when taking Lady K to the library for an event, it was there on their new book shelf and I checked it out.





OMG!

Reading this book, especially in light of current events...

Well, let me say, I want to 'dragon'! 

Barnhill's adult novel, When Women Were Dragons, is so point-on for today's world. I think this should be required reading for women of all ages. Women everywhere should embrace their inner dragon. Much more I can't say as it will be spoilers.

This is a book which really hit home for me, having grown up during a lot of 'women's lib' in the past few decades. Go get a copy and read it!

Besides reading Mihalik's back list, I am attempting to read all the books on my shelves which I need to consume. Especially since some of them are books I won from Goodreads and I owe it to the authors to read. 

Hopefully, there are more good books in my reading future. 







Comments

Popular Posts