Positive Focus Sunday - Proposal!



On Saturday morning I rolled out of the house early to pick up Lady K and follow Mr. Cobra and Texter in the Cobra to attend Cars and Coffee - a weekly Saturday morning meet-up of Charlotte area car enthusiasts.

I figured it would be a few guys standing around looking at their cars. 

BOY! Was I wrong!

They take over the parking lots of a business park and it was FILLED with cars whose names I knew from movies and books, but never expected to see in person. Not to mention the dozens of 'regular' cars jazzed up. Lotus, Aston Martin, etc. were all represented in all their gleaming glory.

But the highlight?

July 2 was the one year anniversary of their first date and Mr. Cobra proposed to Texter at the event. He had let Kayden and me know as he needed me to drive Kayden to the event since the Cobra only holds 2 people. 

They are now engaged! And very happy together. 

Texter is happier than I have seen her in years and they work well together. They make a great couple. Plus Mr. Cobra is great with Kayden too and she really enjoys being with him. 

So while they are now entering a new stage in their lives, so am I. I am now officially an 'empty-nester' and will have to adjust to living with only 4 legged beings. 

However, on the 4th, we will be cooking out together after I get off work and then taking Lady K back to my house for a couple of days - so maybe not so much an empty nester.


 

Comments

Popular Posts