Food and Fiber Friday - Fabric!

I haven't used my sewing machine in a couple of years now. 

Living with Savvy, I didn't have room. Then with the new house and working on the garden and a ton of other projects, I just haven't gotten it out. 

But the itch was starting. However, with everything else going on, I was trying to resist.

Then Lady K announced she wanted to be an elf at the Renaissance Fair this year. Costume sewing!

Plus, I needed something to put on the bottom of my couch where the cats had ripped some of the fabric and were getting up in the couch and ottoman (cats piss me off at times).

So Lady K and I headed out one day to get the fabric to repair the furniture and to get some ideas of what she was wanting for her outfit. 

I have been to the local Joann Fabrics many times, but there was an outlet store fairly close, so I wanted to see what they offered.




Basically home decor fabric, this is a Ren Fair sewing heaven. And I am so sad Savvy is now in Arizona because she will be whispering in my ear about making her another outfit. 

While the prices were reasonable, it was 'outlet' prices.

But...

There is a large fabric outlet a couple of hours drive away in the mountains. The pictures on their website make me salivate. I need to gather my dollars around me and will try to make a trip, probably in August, to get fabric for Lady K's outfit and to see what all they might have. 

In the meantime, I need to go through my own fabric stash to see what kind of fabric I have with 'leaves' and 'vines' on it to make Lady K's elf costume. We have the design, so it will be adapting a couple of patterns for what I need and creating a leafy, nature inspired elf outfit. 

Let the sewing begin!



Comments

Popular Posts