Positive Focus Sunday - Hummingbirds and It's the Little Things



No, the above isn't a picture I took in my garden. 

Well, the background is, the hummingbird isn't. 

However,  it almost could have been.

But I'm using it as a 'sign' from the universe about what was happening to me at the time. It was actually a bit of 'get over it girl!' sign. A bit of a wake-up call for me.

A bit of the background to this hummingbird sign.

Bath and Body Works had a sale on bath gels and scrubs. A really nice sale - over 50% off. So I decided to buy some, along with some pillow mist for sleeping. And rather than going to the mall, which I hate on a good day, I shopped online to have it delivered. 

Easy, right?

Then I get a notice my order has shipped and that's when the trouble began.

To be honest, my mood has been shitty the past few days anyway. I think I am in "Judy Retrograde". So to have something go wonky, really hit me hard.

A third-party shipper had the order and turned it over to the Post Office for final delivery. Happens all the time. The notification showed it being turned over to the PO at 230pm on Wednesday. 

Great! I'll get my order Thursday.

Then at 758pm Wednesday evening I got a second notification - "Unclaimed - Return to Sender".

What!!!!

The next morning I call the Customer Service number for the post office. Note - there is NO way I could get through to my local post office as they will not, or do not, answer their phone. The agent said she would send an email to the local office to check into it.

But being the Virgo worrier that I am, I left work at 9am and drove 30 miles to the PO to talk to someone. I didn't want this shipment to go into never-never land and have to work between the PO and Bath and Body Works to get a refund or something.

The girl at the PO checked and talked to the manager who said, 'oh, yeah. It was a bad scan. It's out for delivery.'

Long story short - two days - another call to the Customer Service number on Friday and 2 more trips to the post office (after being lied to by the branch manager), I received the package. 

Only 1 of the 25 items!

If I had read the notice more carefully, I would have seen it was a small package with only 1 item. And I wouldn't have been all bent out of shape over this delivery.

Sigh...

After I had come home with my package containing the one little jar of body scrub, I was standing on my porch looking at my balloon milkweed and counting the number of 'balls' which have set so far. 

And up flies a hummingbird which hovers about 6 inches from my face for a few seconds and flies off.

That's the only hummingbird I've seen all season. I was in shock and delighted.

Then it hit me.

Seeing a hummingbird, in many cultures and belief systems, means an end to challenging times and the time for healing to begin. They are a sign of joy and happiness and positive energy. A lot of meaning in one tiny package.

The sight of the tiny bird stopped me in my tracks. 

What was I really upset about? What was really bothering me? Why had I let something so trivial become such a mountain of an issue?

Not sure of the answer or the why to the whole event and my feelings at the time. But I do know it was a signal to pull my head out of my ass and get over myself.

So while small things can set you off, small things can also get you back on track.








 

Comments

Popular Posts